Tuesday, April 3, 2007

I take the cake

The cupcake that is! Friday I came home to find a package waiting for me. Inside was the adorable little cupcake pincushion I won in a drawing on Vallen’s blog.




Isn’t it fun? It is even cuter in person. And the best kind of cupcake; high fiber and zero calorie! I will really enjoy using this.
(ETA: the cupcake is made out of felted knitting and felt. It is incredibly soft)



Vallen also tucked in one of the clever fabric flower pins she makes (you can see more of them here )


This gift is made even more amazing by the fact that I never win anything. Nothing*. Every drawing I enter is pretty much the triumph of hope over experience. Of course, I guess I really can’t say that any more. Do you think this is a turning point with my luck?

Thanks so much, Vallen!



*I know what you’re going to say Vanessa, and that knitting bag does not count because you were the one who won it not me. I didn’t say that I don’t have incredibly generous friends who give me the door prize that they won!



3 comments:

Joanne said...

Hurray! congratulations on your prizes. I hope you enjoy them! I know that when I did a "contest" on my blog, I thoroughly enjoyed it, and I was just giving things away...

Thanks so much for your holiday wishes on my blog. Everything went pretty smoothly, considering. I am exhausted today, but luckily, I can sit around and rest!

Romi said...

I love it! :)

Anonymous said...

Very, very cute!