Thursday, January 4, 2007

This post brought to you by the makers of OTC pharmaceuticals


I have succumbed to a yucky virus.

I suspect it was brought home by Mr. CPA since he is also sick (courtesy of a very dedicated, presenteeism-oriented co-worker at the Dept. of Health*).

Either that or common upper respiratory viruses (virii?) have mutated in a way that allows for person-computer-person transmission.
Because I’ve noticed that quite a few of the bloggers that I read on a regular basis have also been sick lately: like Vanessa , Stephanie , Kerry and Jessica.
(I’m sure were some others but my virus fogged brain refuses to assist me in retrieving that information)

I know that some of the time frames seem too distant to be related to my infection, but that could be due to the fact that I got a bit behind on my blog reading over the holidays, delaying my initial exposure. Or there may be a longer incubation period in this new mutated virus-transmission scenario. Yeah, that’s probably it.

Anyway, stay tuned for the heartwarming tale about ‘the pumpkin that time forgot’ and possibly some spinning and knitting content.

I’m sure the suspense will be killing you until then. Off to nap now.


(* Dept. of Health? I think not!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ugh. I had that. It hit on Dec. 7 and I'm still trying to get rid of the cough. It won't go away. It's an amazingly productive bug, no?

Angela said...

You mean blog-reading has become dangerous?

Uh oh.

Hope you're feeling better soon. No sharing at Madrona please.

vanessa said...

you had better feel better for madrona!!!!!!!!!!!

Sheepish Annie said...

I think that the flu shot I had last fall is truly a miracle drug! I fought off what I thought was going to be a killer cold in less than 24 hours. This has never, ever happened in the history of my coughing, hacking existence!

Hope you feel better soon. Thanks for visiting my blog!

Denise said...

I got my flu shot this year - honest!
I was feeling great yesterday and even went to the gym. Now I'm worse than I was Thursday. Pitty poor Mr. CPA, who will have to listen to my pitiful complaining all day...