Friday, September 28, 2007

Close but no cigar

I was really hoping to post an FO by now but as you can see, the sweater is not quite done yet.


It's not really freakishly short - part of the sweater
is hanging off the edge of the table. For some reason I didn't notice
this until I loaded the photo.



Despite my big plans for this first post-ENU week, I haven’t gotten much knitting done.

I’ve been working on a new database development project at work and there have been a few ‘later than usual nights’ at work. Also, Mr. CPA and I have this new and improved plan to get to the gym more regularly before we transform into hunched, chair shaped creatures with hands permanently fused into keyboard tapping claws as a result of our long days spent as cubicle dwelling computer users. All of which combines to not leave much time for knitting. I suppose there was a little extra time in there but I wasted it eating dinner* and doing laundry (because my workplace is still not ‘clothing optional’ **).


However, I believe we have rain in the forecast for this weekend so I may get just enough quality knitting time in to finish this up.

As of this morning I’m on Ravelry! You can find me there as ‘yinandyarn’ if you’re there too and want to look me up.

I haven’t had much time to look around yet, but it looks like tons of fun and I suspect it could be a somewhat addictive. I sat down this morning planning to only set up my account and was still there an hour later.

I played around just a bit this evening to enter a project only to find out that I can’t put any project photos up unless I have a Flickr account. I’m not really sure I want a Flickr account so I may be photo-less until there is an alternative photo upload method coded in.



* a dinner which, I would like to point out, I did not cook. bwahahaha!

** eeeeew, thank goodness! That's quite the mental image there.

8 comments:

Sheepish Annie said...

It *is* kind of odd that everything has to go through Flickr. But, I have to admit, that I like having a place to store photos. My whole family has a tragic history with computer crashes and more than one fabulous, priceless memory has been lost forever in the carnage.

Even photoless, I'm just giddy to know that you're on Ravelry!!! All my blog buddies are getting in around the same time and it's like one housewarming party after another!!!

Kris B said...

I'm a slow knitter and when I saw your post of the sweater I thought wow, she's made a lot of progress :).

I'm not real familiar with Flickr and I've heard some bad things about people "stealing" pictures of kids from flickr, editing them and reusing them.

I finally decided to use it for Ravelry. I'm hoping that if I only put pictures up of knitting projects then I will not feel upset to see them reused.

Cathy said...

It's fun to see who else has joined. I just need to set aside entire swathes of time to play on Ravelry. Currently those I'm using my time to read blogs. I hope I won't have to choose!

knottykitty said...

You're on Ravelry now! Hooray!...and say hello to those keyboard tapping claws that you mentioned! I can't seem to get out of there in less than an hour!

Your sweater looks fabulous! I have not yet even attempted such a complex project!

mehitabel said...

I'm off to look for you on Ravelry! I finally got a Flickr account--for some odd reason, their program kept crashing my computer, but my daughter finally made it work. Then Yahoo photos went belly-up and they transferred all my pictures there. Oh well. It's been fine so far!

e's knitting and spinning blog said...

Oh I love this sweater Denise!!! It will look so good on you too!

Jo at Celtic Memory Yarns said...

Most impressed with the sweater - fine stranding work there.

I think we just have to accept that Flickr is necessary - I keep going into Ravelry to add to my Project list, and then suddenly realising yet again that I haven't put the darn picture in Flickr. I keep thinking that if it's on my blog then it MUST be accessible. Maybe Ravelry will adjust sometime soon. Until then - GET YOURSELF A FLICKR ACCOUNT!

Romi said...

I love this sweater! When you're finished, we can be twins. ;)