Monday, July 16, 2007

B is for...

Berries (again)




Raspberry

Marionberry


Look how big they are!

Strawberries are gone for another year (real strawberries that is, not those styrofoam imposters from the grocery store), but for the next three weeks it's raspberry and marionberry season. Which, of course, means more jam.


I managed 10 pints (5 raspberry/5 marionberry) and 9 half-pints (all raspberry) last night after dinner. I had a few more berries left but unfortunately had run out of jars. Time to shake down relatives and friends for last year's empties!



Bark


Mr. CPA and I spread 5 yards of bark in the front yard Saturday. It really requires at least 10 yards but we only wanted to tackle what we could do in a single day (which, sadly would have been about 10 yards just a few years ago ::sigh::).

That pile sure doesn't look like much in the photo but it's about 25 full wheelbarrow loads (which actually felt like 50 in the humid 80 degree weather).


Bursitis

Umm, no photo but aren't you glad? This has literally been a PITA. I've been having bad hip pain for the last few weeks. It's much worse when I'm sitting, which is most of the time since I sit professionally in my capacity as computer programmer. So by the end of the day I'm even happier than usual to be out of my chair at work. This has impacted the amount of time that I'm willing/able to spend sitting at home in the evening. So not much is happening right now at the home computer. Or with spinning. Or with knitting. Well, you get the drift. Apparently everything I like to do involves sitting.

Hmmm, maybe this explains my ongoing battles with my ever-slowing metabolism?

10 comments:

Sheepish Annie said...

I bought some raspberries this weekend for snacking. But they pale in comparison to the berry bounty I see before me this morning!!! Nice looking harvest!

Hope the bursitis eases up soon. I enjoy sitting very, very much and it pains me to know that others can't enjoy my favorite hobby. Seriously, though...feel better soon.

Joanne said...

Raspberries are my favorite, and I have yet to find a place to pick them here. I hope you enjoy your delicious berries..I'm a little jealous!

One note about the slowing metabolism. The thyroid medicine is doing a heck of a job, and apparently I'm not taking enough yet to make things completely right...apparently that's what made me just gain weight for no reason. I'll email you the details!

Melanie said...

Mmmm, the berries are mouth watering. I'm really sorry that you are suffering from bursitis and I hope it clears up soon.

So, where do you get all this energy from? You do more than any five people I know.

Anonymous said...

If this is you in slowed down mode, I can't even imagine what you must have been like before!

Cortisone shot in the butt. It's the only way I can get through life. They're magical.

Romi said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Those look amazing!

vanessa said...

now i really can't wait to see you next feb ;-)

would it help to sit on one of those tiny pilows you use after you have a baby?

Anonymous said...

yummmm! my mouth is drooling over the thought of home made jam! Those berries look absolutely wonderful.

Sheila E said...

I want to live right next door to you so we could make jam together!
Yummmmm....and beautiful pictures!

Kris B said...

Those berries look so scrumptious, yum.

I hope the bursitis pain eases up for you soon.

Vallen said...

I could live in a berry patch and never get tired of eating those lovely little jewels. DO you make pies, too? I love pies!!